Are you getting the best fade? The cleanest edge up? The smoothest shave? If you have any doubts, it’s time you learn how to find a good barber.
But what makes a good barber, anyway? Your friends at George’s answer that question and more in this three-minute guide for men who want a great cut but don’t know where to find it.
Checklist #1 – “I need a new barber.”
Look good, feel good, right? Not if you’re new to town or your barber can’t cut. Check out items one through four to see if it’s time to switch.
- I just moved. You’ll want to look at reviews, check out the cuts on Instagram, and call the shop to see if they’ve got a barber who knows your fade or cut. If they won’t talk shop for twenty seconds, keep moving.
- My cut never feels 100% right. If you know what you want and how you want it done, then one explanation is all a good barber needs. Excuses come from barbers at corporate shops, not the neighborhood’s best. Cut them loose if it’s not right the first time.
- I’m not a priority for my barber. A good barber finds time for loyal clients. Period.
- I’m paying too much for too little. A quality cut or fade won’t be cheap, but don’t let the shop’s reputation influence you. Are you looking good? Are you feeling good? Gold-plated clippers don’t mean much. Results are what count.
Checklist #2 – “I’ve got a good barber.”
We’ve already covered the research, reviews, and call-the-shop process, but add this: If you want to make sure you’re going to get to the perfect cut, ask around. Someone knows the place, and they definitely have an opinion.
Are they trustworthy? Take a look at their cut.
Let’s get to the checklist:
- Known in the neighborhood. Corporate shops try hard to look local, so if you want to know how to find a good barber, you’ll need to be able to tell the difference between a real local barber and the fakers. It’s pretty simple: a good local barver lives in the community, knows the culture, and has been cutting for a long time.
- Asks you if you’re cut feels right. A great barber knows when a client is happy with his cut. So expect a real question when a talented barber holds up the mirror. We have masters here, and the thing about masters is they’re always looking to get better and be better at what they do.
- Respects your time. Never rushed. A good barber takes responsibility for getting off-tempo with appointments and respects your time. A lot of people have come to us because their barber had them on an assembly line. That’s sad. Fades take time, and a good barber is meticulous every time.
- Pure talent, skill, and artistry. Last but not least, you should leave the shop feeling like your best self. The key part is “you.” Forget what other people say for a second, and ask yourself, “Am I looking at the person I want to be?” Good barbers have a knack for making that happen. How? Because they have natural talent and artistry combined with attention to detail and professionalism.
Looking for a new barber? Give us a shot.
Whether you’re new to the area or think it’s time for a change, head on over to our shop: George The Classic Barber on historic 8th Avenue, Fort Worth. Check out our reviews and our cuts. Now that you know how to find a good barber, give us a shot. We’ll work hard for you.
Call or text (817) 501-1597 or book an appointment online today.