The goal of a haircut is to look and feel your best. However, just showing up isn’t going to give you the best results. Whether you’re going in for a trim or a major transformation, here are a few things you can do to make sure your next haircut is a success.
Frequently Asked Questions About Haircuts
Here are a few things you might be wondering about haircuts:
Do I need to choose a hairstyle before I come in?
Choosing the exact hairstyle you want isn’t required before your next visit. However, it can be helpful to have an idea or two in mind. This will help your barber give you a haircut that matches your style.
Should I wash my hair before a haircut?
If you’re just going in for a trim, then there’s no need to wash your hair. For more drastic cuts, washing your hair beforehand will make it easier for your barber to see your natural hair color and texture.
When in doubt, ask your barber what they prefer.
Should I dye my hair before or after a haircut?
Dying your hair can make it more fragile and prone to breakage, so it’s best to dye your hair after a haircut. The weight of the hair dye can also change the shape of your hair.
What should I wear to my appointment?
It’s best to dress in clothes that you’re comfortable in. You’ll also want to avoid wearing anything that will get in the way during your appointment. This includes hoodies, turtlenecks, and any jewelry that can get caught in your hair.
5 Expert Tips for a Successful Haircut
Follow these tips for a successful haircut:
- Bring pictures of hairstyles you like: Bringing in a few inspirational photos will help your barber understand what you’re looking for.
- Be open to suggestions: Your barber is an expert and knows what works best with your face shape, hair type, and lifestyle.
- Be on time for your appointment: If you’re late for your appointment, your barber may not have enough time to give you the haircut you want.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions: Asking questions is the best way to learn more about your hair and build a relationship with your barber.
- Tip your barber well: There’s no set rule on how much you should tip your barber, but 15-20% is a good starting point.
Let’s get you scheduled for a haircut at George the Classic Barber
If you’re in the market for a new barber in Fort Worth, then head on over to George The Classic Barber. Our old-school barbershop has been providing fresh fades, clean fades, and good company for 15 years.
George the Classic Barber is open six days a week and is even available after-hours so you can fit in a cut around your busy schedule. Booking with us is easy, too. Call or text (817) 501-1579 or book an appointment online today.